Background

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Such a welcome sight!

Rain has been quite scarce in these parts for several years and the state of New Mexico is in a severe drought.  But as of last week the state has been experiencing some spotty showers. On Wednesday morning I was greeted with rain clouds and puddles on my morning walk!  It was so refreshing to walk out at 6 a.m. with the smell of rain and clusters of rain showers dotting the western skies.  Everything smelled so fresh and clean, with the hope of more to come.  As I was nearing the end of my walk, the rain was closing in once again with a few sprinkles falling on Gunnar and I, but we were in no hurry to get home.  Just soon after we got in the driveway, it started raining as the sun was coming up over the mountains!  What a beautiful sight...

I can't tell you how long it has been since we have seen a rainbow in New Mexico and this eventually became a full rainbow with the start of a second one...bright and beautiful from end to end!  A God smile in the morning!  I hope that we continue to have rain and many more rainbows the rest of the summer!

Ranae

No comments:

Post a Comment